#EUzaTebe – “EU for cultural heritage and tourism” is a project focused on the development of tourism as a significant economic potential, which aims to stimulate the economic development of Eastern Serbia and Lower Danube. It is financed by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), and implemented by the German Organization for International Cooperation GIZ.
Bearing in mind the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the tourism sector, in the coming period the project will implement a series of measures to mitigate the economic consequences. The grant program, with a total value of one million euros, is one of the measures that is aimed directly at the private sector. Basic information about the program is:
- Purpose: mitigating the consequences of the pandemic and improving tourism services
- Region: municipalities of Boljevac, Bor, Golubac, Kladovo, Knjaževac, Majdanpek, Negotin, Požarevac, Smederevo, Soko banja, Veliko Gradište and Zaječar
- Beneficiaries: micro and small entrepreneurs in the field of tourism, including holders of categorized accommodation and registered farms
- Budget for projects: up to 10,000 euros financed by Grant
- Application period: 7 – 21.07.2020.
- Tender documentation is available here.
On the occasion of the opening of the Call for Grants, GIZ will hold two online info sessions on Friday, July 3, 2020. from 6 p.m. and on Monday 06.07.2020. from 1 p.m., where, in addition to the presentation of the program and procedures, potential project applicants will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive clarifications on the details of the call. Info sessions can be followed on the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/EUzaTebe/) or via the MS Teams platform (Friday, Monday)
You can find more information about the project “#EUzaTebe – for cultural heritage and tourism” on the website: eu-za-turizam.rs .